Holidays come, we usually prepare a lot of different foods to make meals more rich and diverse. Thus, the preservation of food is always fresh and delicious to this day is the top concern of the housewives. You can refer to the following address to be able for finding the cheap food storage containers on the market today.
Have to say, the food is usually very well preserved in the cold environment. And of course, the family’s refrigerator will be an invaluable assistant, helping the housewives just finished work, while they can relax during the holidays. However, sorting, use of food in cold environments also need to have “tricks” when processing new food fresh. Compliance with certain rules of food preservation will be very helpful for the health of family members.
- Normally, we should split into three categories: fresh foods (meat, poultry, poultry, seafood …), vegetables, and foods that have been cooked. Food grading would help preserve the high results. However, there are general principles for foods.
- We need to ensure that the rule “put on before, used before.” Which means you should use the older foods, new later. Also, monitoring the temperature of the freezer and frozen storage compartment is also essential. For winter storage compartment, to keep temperatures from minus 17-180C or lower. As for the freezer must always ensure temperatures from 1-60C and avoid frequent opening cabinets especially in hot weather.
- Also, we need to foods in sealed containers or sealed to avoid loss of smell or smell of food contamination to other foods. Each food should be carefully wrapped from raw to cooked foods.
These are foods that are indispensable for the holidays. However, this is also the type of food that bacteria easy to attack if we do not know how to preserve.
- Fresh fish meat wants to ensure safety in the long term should be frozen immediately, as soon as possible. Before storage, we have to pass preliminary treatment. For beef cattle, poultry must be cleaned, and for seafood such as fish, shrimp, squid … we should throw away the intestines, wash thoroughly. Then drain and put into a separate box for each type.
What we need to note is food defrosted if you do not finish, bringing in the refrigerator removed easily cause multiple toxic. So, divide meat into small sections under which family meals needed, wrapping each part, each separately into a bag or plastic box with a lid carefully so that the service does not leak out.
- Each type of food will have a different shelf life. For meat, frozen maximum time between 5-10 days depending on the type: Beef, sheep, and goats from 7-10 days; pork, chicken, duck about seven days; quail, pigeons, rabbits 5-7 days. As for seafood proper temperatures from 3-50C can store 36 hours.
For Vegetables, Fruit
- Vegetables are highly perishable foods; they will wither when exposed to air. Most of us are only stored for 2-3 days at room temperature or in the drawer of vegetables and fruit in the fridge. Many people when buying vegetables on, usually distilled right into the fridge, thinking that will keep them fresh, however, after only 1-2 days vegetables were yellowed or rotten. The reason is mold bacteria have not been removed before storage in the refrigerator; they continue to proliferate and damage the vegetable. Not to mention, they also infect other foods. So, while preserving vegetables need to pick out all the leaves yellowed before you store it in the refrigerator.
- Just fresh food, while for vegetables in the refrigerator we should for each paper bag or pocket to gas permeability vegetables wrapped and placed in a separate compartment.
- Most fresh fruits and vegetables are kept in the freezer, the temperature recommendations from 8-120C. However, for each type of fruit and vegetables, the appropriate temperatures will vary. The types of cabbage, cauliflower, Saul, carrots, onions can tolerate colder thin leafy vegetables like salads, chrysanthemum …
- One more thing, the tubers, fruits like banana, sapodilla, ripe tomatoes have to completely let into the refrigerator. If they are still alive, you preserve the refrigerator will not be able to continue ripening anymore. And clearly, if the green fruit can not have good nutritional quality.
- Some types of tubers, fruits such as cucumber, eggplant, tomatoes, bananas … not in the refrigerator for a long time because it will be soft, reducing the nutritional value and taste loss. With these foods, the time stored in the refrigerator up to three days.
- This food also has a few basic principles. For cooked food need to cool down, cover tightly and store in the refrigerator. As if still hot but for now at low temperatures where the food will be metamorphic. High temperatures in the feed will be condensed into water vapor, promoting the growth of harmful bacteria resulting in toxicity to whole foods in the refrigerator.
- As with other foods, cooked food should be stored in a separate box. The sealed storage will not dry food, smelly and not infectious microorganisms to other foods. When so much food in the refrigerator, it should be corrected accordingly cold, if not, at high temperature will perishable food.
Whether you prepare how much food is a food scientist mode, full of nutrients would be better for your health. If food habits unscientific, the lost balance will negatively affect the health of your family.
Founded by Victoria, we have moved from strength to the next driven by passion for revolutionizing how people prepare and enjoy meals. When Victoria commenced, her principle was to create a one stop point for clients to get all the cooking ideas to make their foods better and more attractive. Today, this dream has grown and thousands of people visit our site and keep coming back for more for great experiences from kitchen to the dining.